Are you wondering what the electrolysis beard removal cost is? We will go over what that cost can be, based on factors and information available.
Factors in Electrolysis Beard Removal Cost
You must consider quite a few factors when determining what the cost will be for removing an entire beard. This includes the cost of each treatment session, amount of total hair, stages of hair growth, and frequency of treatments.
Cost of sessions in electrolysis beard removal
When calculating the electrolysis beard removal cost, you must first know what the cost of each session is. At Real You Electrolysis, our rates are $70 for a 30-minute session, or $120 for a 60-minute session.
Amount of Total Hair
When you have more hair, it will take longer to remove all of the hair completely. If you have less hair or do not grow hair on all areas of the face, there will be fewer total hairs, meaning it will take less time to remove it all.
Stages of hair growth
Not all of your hair is visible when you let your facial hair grow up. A good rule of thumb is that about 30 percent of your actual hair will be visible when grown out – the other 70 percent will be under the skin, not in a phase of growth where it is visible and exposed. Of the hair that is visible and grown out, only some of the hair that is treated will be in the right stage of growth to be destroyed – some will be in the right stage, some will be a little too early in its cycle of growth, and some of it will be a little too late in its growth cycle, about to shed on its own. Unfortunately, we won’t know if a hair was a confirmed kill until it has been treated and removed. Fortunately, a decent percentage of your hairs that are visible and treated will be confirmed kills!
Frequency of treatments in electrolysis beard removal
You will also need to consider how often and how long your treatments are. Both will have an effect on what full facial clearing costs, and how long it takes. Ideally, you will want to have treatments for an hour, once a week. Factors that affect length and frequency of treatments include pain tolerance, budget, and availability.
Doing the Math
How long does it take to remove an entire beard with electrolysis? In our experience, it will take 1-2 years for many people to completely remove a beard, assuming a weekly hour-long appointment. With that in mind, let’s calculate the ballpark:
120X46 = $5520
120X46X2 = $11040
Your ballpark cost will be $5520-$11040, assuming a weekly 1-hour appointment and cancellations about 10% of the time due to holidays and scheduling conflicts.
While not everyone will fall into this range, many people will.
That said, there is good news! For one, you will not have to pay for it all at once – it is a slow, gradual cost. Furthermore, we are seeing more insurance companies pay for or reimburse patients for hair removal. Insurances sometimes don’t even have a copay for covered hair removal services! We will continue to try and accept more insurances, as more insurance companies will cover electrolysis and for more medical reasons over time.