Here are the current rates for my services:
Electrolysis (any body part)
- 15 minutes – $35
- 30 minutes – $70
- 45 minutes – $90
- 60 minutes – $120
- Eyebrows or lip: $30
- Arms or chest: $60
- Brazilian or back: $75
- Legs: $100
I will be offering more services soon!
Electrolysis (any body part)
- Shave two to three days before your appointment, then let the are we are working on grow from that point until your appointment. The hair needs to be long enough for me to effectively remove it, but not too long that I have a hard time inserting my probe.
- If you’re using numbing cream, you’ll typically apply that 30 minutes to an hour before your appointment and cover it with plastic wrap to let it absorb better and not rub off.
There are multiple things that affect how fast your permanent hair removal goes.
Factors include the following:
- How much hair you start with
- Your hormone levels
- Frequency of sessions
- Length of sessions/pain tolerance
- Health history
For total clearing of the face or bottom surgery prep areas, it typically takes 1-2 years of weekly sessions to be completely hair free.
Larger areas like the legs, arms, and back might take even longer, depending on the size of the area, thickness of hair, and amount of hair.
That said, you will see results so much faster than that! You will notice much less visible hair after even just a few sessions, and the hair visibility and needing to shave so often will go way down. Eventually during that time frame, we will only be finding the single stray hair here and there over an entire area.
Electrolysis takes a long time mostly because hair grows in stages. At any given point in time, the hair you see on a body part is only a small fraction of the hairs that are truly there. The rest are dormant, but will grow and be active again over time.
This means that even if we completely clear an area, that is only a fraction of the hair that’s truly going to grow in that area.
Even if we get every single hair currently in an area, they may not all be in the right stage of growth. Of the hairs that are visible, only a percentage of them will be in the growth stage where they can be destroyed.
So, how do we know which hairs we’ve killed? If I remove a hair and it’s got a bulb at the end (plus sebum comes out), then that was a hair in the right stage of growth – a confirmed kill! Unfortunately, there’s no way to know if a hair was in the right stage until it’s zapped and removed.
Ideally, I like to work with electrolysis clients once a week.
This is because the hairs that grow in an area will be different ones every time since they grow in phases that are not in lockstep. That means you are seeing me often enough to get a bunch of hair removed, but far enough apart that we are getting new kills every time.
The length of a session totally depends on you and your tolerance. I recommend doing a 60-minute session for your first session after your consult, and then deciding on the length of sessions from there.
Some pain and discomfort will unfortunately happen with electrolysis.
Electrolysis will hurt or feel uncomfortable differently for every person. Your level of tolerance will vary based on how hairy the treated area is, how thick/coarse the hair is, the body part we will work on, and skin sensitivity.
Many clients will use prescription numbing cream 30 minutes to an hour before their session. This is known as BLT cream (benzocaine, lidocaine, tetracaine), and you can ask your doctor for a prescription for this.
There is also over the counter lidocaine/numbing creams, but those won’t be as strong as what’s available by prescription.
- Click the Book Now button in the site’s menu, or go to https://realyouelectrolysis.com/book-online
- Choose the service and length of time you would like.
- Choose a day/time from the calendar that works for you. Select your time zone to make sure that times show in your local time!
- Fill out the client information form. This is basic information, such as name and pronouns, contact information (just in case), a chance to go over my terms/conditions, and what services you’re wanting.
- Pay – I use Stripe for all payments.
- Once you book, you’ll receive an automated email with the day, time, and address of your appointment.
- You’ll receive email and text reminders to remind you of the day/time and location of your appointment. Please contact me at least 24 hours ahead of time if you need to cancel or reschedule!
- I’ll see you at your session, I’m looking forward to it!
We do! We currently accept the following insurances:
- PacificSource WA (commercial plans)
We are working on accepting more insurances in the near future.
If we don’t accept your insurance but you’d like me to add you to my wait-list of insurance patients, please email me at [email protected] with your name, pronouns, what type of insurance you have, and what you are needing services for. I will attempt to get established with your insurance, and get back to you if/when I’m able to accept your insurance plan!